Monday, May 1
Sally isn't doing so well.
As some of you may know I refer to my car as Sally. While my little red Nissan Sentra XE had some problems over the weekend. I had gone up to Camrose for CLBI grad and it was being a little odd but not to bad. So then I started to drive home last night and it was making a funny noise so I pulled over and it stalled on me while I was going 80kms a hour. Then I thought maybe it was the oil. But it wasn't then I couldn't get it to start again. So I called the Lewis's and Rob came and he got it started and by this point I had already called Amy S and had her book me a flight back on the same flight as her. Then I drove the car back to Camrose and parked it at Canadian Tire. Then Rob took them the key for me this morning. They called and said that it would be about 4hours of labor and they "think" it's the timing belt. Then they told me that it could be the head and that would be like 10 hours of work and I would be looking at $1500.00 work, I was like I don't think so I only paid $1100.00 for the car. So I decided to not get the work done. Rob went and parked it for me at CLBI I will go up there as soon as I can and attempt to drive it down and then will have my mechanic look at it. If there is major work to be done then I will just have to get rid of her. Did I mention that earlier in the day I had gone to the dollar store and I realized that I didn't have my cell with me and I was like shoot I must of dropped it. When I got back to the school I found it and someone had driven over it and the front display screen was cracked. But don't get me wrong I don't want you guys to think I had a horrible time because that wasn't the case I really had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh well. Cell phones are a waste of time!!
And for 1500 I recommend a new car. I just got a BEAUTIFUL new car for 3500. It's a 95 Ford Taurus and it only had 69000km on it! And it's a 95 :)
I recommend looking at old ladies cars - when they sell it's usually because they didn't use them.
Good luck!
Hey Cat! My mom liked talking to you at CLBI. She was pretty excited about that. And I'm glad you have a blog now!
Don't get a Taurus (sorry Kortney) I had a 92 Taurus and it sucked soooo much money out of me! I hope things work out with the car situaion.
In what way Kristen?
Mine is great on gas...but then I had an 88 pontiac which SUCKED money outta me, so it doesn't take much to improve ;)
My taurus broke down every month like clockwork. I poured so much money into repairs and had to stop when the engine went one month after I had replaced the transmission. In the end I got $200 for the piece of junk. I hope you found a rare good one! Now I have a civic, still going strong at 275000km!
meanwhile, my FREE Nissan pickup truck is going on 5 years, 112,000 km (that I've driven, 355 000 total)... :)
Mind you, it is ugly.
My Taurus was only 1000 dollars, and my last car was free...so I can't complain :D
Post a Comment