Tuesday, October 24

Question

What do you think about midwives?

3 comments:

Kjersti said...

Okay, you're calling me random?
Anyway, I have a friend who was a midwife in the Philippines and she loved her life, even though it was really stressful sometimes. I kind of admired her for it.
How's your nose?

kinneyland said...

I think midwives play a very valuable place in both our society and abroad. When there is no other doctor around they make such a big difference. And with the medicalization of birth being so over whelming today midwives can bring the focus back on the health and comfort of baby and child. There's my random rant

arbyn said...

I think they're fantastic. I'm definitely having a midwife. A midwife has four years of practical university training specifically for pregnancy/ birthing and care of the child/mother whereas a GP generally only has that as a portion of his/her training. One of my friends is a midwife and she totally convinced me it's the way to go. PLUS the government in Canada pays for the midwife. So, there.